Thursday 28 July 2011

Times - They are a-changin…


Till yesterday I felt the sky
Today I feel the ground
Yesterday I breathed my last in the open sky
And today I breathe behind closed doors

My wings quiver, wanting to fly
But now they are snipped and snapped to limbs
I know I still have to live, let live and not die

Am just an ordinary child
Who falters and yet rises
Not to be hated but loved

I wish I remained the innocent one
And not aged with time...

*The title is taken from a Bob Dylan's song

11 comments:

  1. Definitely your best work Aditi. All of us long for freedom. All of us want the innocence that is lost with the times. I think you wrote what everyone feels inside him/her-self.

    Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice touch that...i like, i like..expresses the freedom that we all want..well written!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had said earlier also that your innocence reflects in your selection of words and in the framing of verse. The beauty of the poem indeed lies in the feeling that you have tried to express... very beautifully put... Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Aditisom truly amazing ...words very nicely put and thoughts very well showcased....Not to get personal but some how it feels like the cry of a caged bird..hope things are fine with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sudden thanks again for the appreciation....rest there is nothing to worry, all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats Great Aditisom. I am sure we will see more beautiful thoughts from you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surely. Thank you Sudden! BTW you too should write your next write-up....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I do intend to lts c.. Aditisom..

    ReplyDelete